Daniel and Candace’s wedding was held at the beautiful Ebell Club in Long Beach, CA. Step into the building and you are literally taken back in time to the 1920’s. It was indeed an honor to be the DJ for this beautiful wedding. I love that it had a rustic cowboy theme where the groom and the groomsmen were in jeans and vests.
The groom, Daniel, is a talented musician and electric guitar player who loved punk music and oldies rock while the gorgeous bride, Candace, liked Country. The background music for the ceremony included selections from Rancid, Alan Jackson, Buddy Holly, The Simpletones and the like. Formalities included the following selections that truly reflected the bride and groom’s musical tastes:
- Groom/Groomsmen Entrance – Bruce Springnsteen’s “Born To Run”
- Ringbearer/Flower Girls – “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys
- Maids Entrance – “Wrapped Up In You” by Garth Brooks
- Bride Entrance – A beautiful live performance of The Dixie Chicks’ “Cowboy Take Me Away”
- Recesional – “Then I Kissed Her” by The Beach Boys
The celebration continues at the reception and formalities included the following song selections:
- Grand Entrance: “Setting the Woods on Fire” by Hank Williams
- First Dance: “Free” by Zac Brown Band
- Father Daughter Dance: “I Loved Her First” by Heartland
- Mother Groom dance: “You Are my Sunshine” by The Soggy Bottom Boys
For the open dance, I kept the dance floor packed and played a mixture of Country, Classic Rock, Motown, Oldies and Top 40. It was truly a fun wedding. Congratulations Daniel and Candace!